One careless action is all it takes to cause a serious accident and leave you and your family facing a difficult road ahead.
Recovering from a catastrophic injury is only the beginning of your challenges. Next, you must consider how you are going to pay for your current and future medical care, how you will recover lost wages, and how you will cope with the possibility of never being able to work again or do things you once enjoyed.
In a matter of moments, someone else's negligence could change your life forever, leaving you with an important question: "How will I recover the compensation I need to move on with my life?"
At Salam & Associates, PC, we know the struggles you're facing and how to help you recover compensation that will cover the full extent of your injuries. We are skilled negotiators and aggressive litigators who pride ourselves on getting results for our clients. We won't let you suffer senselessly from an injustice. With offices in Richardson, we practice throughout Texas and New Mexico. We can also arrange to meet clients in Las Cruces (by appointment only).
Types of Accidents That Result in Catastrophic Injuries
Many types of accidents and negligence can lead to life-altering injuries, including:
• All motor vehicle collisions, especially truck accidents, motorcycle crashes and boating accidents
• Negligence behind the wheel, including distracted driving and drunk driving
• Dangerous or defective products, including unsafe pharmaceuticals and defective vehicle parts and designs
• Dog bites and other incidents due to unsafe conditions on someone else's property
Types of Injuries That Can Impact Your Life
Though bruises, cuts and broken bones are common in most personal injury accidents, violent collisions or other serious accidents can result in catastrophic injuries, including:
• Loss of vision
• Quadriplegia and paraplegia
• Permanent nerve and tissue damage
• Severe back injuries
These types of injuries can lead to:
• Multiple surgeries
• Corrective or reconstructive surgeries
• Regular trips to the hospital and doctor's office
• Extensive time away from work
• Loss of employment because of disability
• Visits with a counselor or psychologist
• Regular prescription costs
• Long-term or in-home care
• The need for medical devices and equipment
• Home modifications to accommodate your disability
The current and future costs of a catastrophic injury can be staggering, reaching hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions of dollars in some cases. Our attorneys are well aware of all these costs, and we will fight to recover all these expenses.
When Should I File a Lawsuit?
At Salam & Associates, PC, we encourage those who have suffered catastrophic or disabling injuries to speak with a lawyer right away after an accident. Only a lawyer with extensive experience handling a wide variety of personal injury cases, such as attorney Fatima Hassan-Sallam, can thoroughly review your case and explain your rights.
In Texas and New Mexico, state statutes of limitations differ for personal injury claims:
• Texas — two years after an accident or finding out about a personal injury
• New Mexico — three years after an accident or finding out about a personal injury
If you do not take legal action within this window of time, you waive your right to seek compensation that could cover compensatory and punitive damages.
We Are Your One-Stop Shop for All of Your Needs
With Salam & Associates, PC, you're not just hiring a team of attorneys with 60 years of combined legal experience; you are hiring attorneys who come highly recommended and have the talent to address your unique situation.
Attorney Fatima Hassan-Sallam will make sure you receive fair compensation for the full extent of your injuries by aggressively negotiating and litigating your case from beginning to end.
If a manufacturing defect or company's negligence was the cause of your injuries, attorney Pamela S. Evers will use her knowledge of business law to hold the at-fault companies and employers liable.
If you need additional care at home, such as taking care of your children or doing other daily tasks, and you have family members living abroad who would like to help, attorney Ana F. Olivares can provide immigration assistance, helping you petition for the appropriate travel visas for loved ones to stay with you while you recover.
Put Your Future in Our Capable Hands
If you suffered a catastrophic injury and would like to learn more about your rights to compensation, contact our firm to arrange a free 30-minute initial consultation. Simply call 972-437-1900 or send us an email to get started. Hablamos español.