The thought of taking on a large pharmaceutical company is incredibly intimidating for most people, even if they know their injuries or the death of a loved one was caused by a dangerous or defective drug. Pharmaceutical companies often employ whole teams of lawyers all in an effort to get you to walk away from the compensation you may be entitled to receive.
When Salam & Associates, PC, is on the case, we make sure Big Pharma knows what your rights are. You deserve compensation for your injuries or a loved one's wrongful death. We will fight to protect your well-being through settlement negotiations and trial if necessary. No company should be allowed to walk away from the fact that it put innocent lives in danger. We make sure of that.
From our offices in Richardson, we serve throughout Texas and New Mexico. We can also arrange to meet clients in Las Cruces (by appointment only).
We Will Address the Important Questions
A lot of confusion in defective drug cases concerns liability, raising questions like:
• When was the drug considered defective by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)?
• Was adequate notice given in a timely manner?
• Did other people suffer the same serious or fatal injuries?
• Did a prescribing doctor know about the defective drug and take appropriate action to protect patients?
• How does an affected patient or family take legal action?
Getting answers to these questions is incredibly important because they may establish grounds for a negligence claim, which can lead to a product liability lawsuit. Those who have been affected by a drug company's negligence are entitled to economic damages, though they may sue for noneconomic damages as well.
List of Commonly Known Dangerous Drugs
When a pharmaceutical manufacturer cares more about its profits than the well-being of consumers, drugs are often rushed to market before it's known that they pose a risk to consumers.
Here is a list of just a few dangerous drugs currently on the market:
• Zoloft and Paxil — Antidepressants that have been linked to birth defects, serotonin syndrome and an increase in suicidal thoughts in children and young adults
• Yaz — A birth control pill that has caused several women to suffer heart attacks, pulmonary embolisms and strokes
• Viagra — A popular drug for treating erectile dysfunction that has been linked to priapism and sudden loss of vision
• Prilosec and Nexium — Proton pump inhibitor medications used to treat heartburn that may increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure or cardiac arrest
• Lipitor — An anti-cholesterol medication that may increase the risk of liver damage and developing Type 2 diabetes
Put Experienced, Aggressive Counsel in Your Corner
Attorney Fatima Hassan-Sallam is well-known throughout Texas and New Mexico for her tenacity when handling product liability cases. No matter the case, she uses her 25 years of experience as a personal injury lawyer to answer all her clients' questions and uncover the truth. She then takes the necessary legal action to hold negligent drug companies accountable for her clients' injuries or loss.
At Salam & Associates, PC, we are thorough when it comes to addressing your needs. We will handle paperwork, negotiations with insurers, judges and opposing counsel, and other matters that are within our control. If you need immigration documents for a family member in another country, we can help you secure the right visa to ensure that you have a complete support system while you recover.
We Handle Mass Torts and Seek Fair Compensation
Although class actions can help many victims, these types of personal injury claims don't always get plaintiffs the compensation they need and deserve.
At Salam & Associates, PC, we aren't afraid to handle the complexity of a mass tort. We have extensive experience handling these types of claims, which often give clients a chance at a better settlement that truly covers the full extent of their injuries.
Get Personalized, Compassionate Attention
If you would like to discuss your case with a lawyer before deciding to retain our services, contact us to arrange a free 30-minute initial consultation. Appointments are available at either of our offices. Call 972-437-1900 or send us an email to get started. Hablamos español.